Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pops of Pink
















Bag // Necklace 1 (similar) & 2 (old, similar) // Ring

There's something so liberating about finally being able to break out your favorite spring clothes. Bold patterns, bright colors, and flirty silhouettes emerge in my wardrobe, and that makes me beyond happy. Everybody seems to be trading their winter neutrals and darks for brighter color schemes, which does wonders with creating good moods.  

As you should know by now, I am all about adding pops of color to an outfit. My accessories and purses tend to lean toward the brighter spectrum, which makes getting ready in the morning that much easier (also because I can't really pull off wearing black without looking like Wedenesday Addams). This is one of my favorite outfits to date. I've been trying to utilize some of my basic wardrobe pieces and refresh them by styling them in a different way. My Lilly Pulitzer boatneck top and American Eagle Outfitters high-waisted jeans have definitely been two of my go-to's lately, since they can be worn and styled for so many occasions.

Throw on a flirty pair of pumps (which I actually hadn't worn since the Baccalaureate mass for my high school graduation) and cuff the bottom of the jeans for a flirty yet super feminine touch. I decided to follow the color scheme and wear one of my favorite new statement necklaces, an edgy pale pink and white find from the resort I stayed in for Spring Break. To balance out the jewelry, I paired it with a long pearl necklace, which I knotted, and a delicate kate spade new york bow ring. For a more relaxed yet still chic look, opt to wear a trench coat! I'm obsessed with my new Calvin Klein double-breasted one. It's the perfect coat for everyday wear: the commute to and from class, and keeps you warm and dry during unexpected rain. Plus, it's neutral and goes with just about everything! Timeless and chic? Yes please! The cherry on top is my bright pink Michael Kors Jet Setter tote,  I believe it's the large one, however I couldn't find it online. And just my luck- it matched my shoes perfectly! It's the perfect warm-weather bag, and carries everything you could possibly need! 

However, as much as I love being able to wear a trench coat on a daily basis, I'm so excited for warmer weather (sundresses, heels... I'll be a happy Sarah). Have a fabulous day! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished