Monday, December 29, 2014

The Cape Trend









Cape (On sale!) // Sweater (similar) // Skirt // Sunglasses (similar)
Shoes (old, but similar) // Bag (old, but similar) // Tights
Necklace  // Gloves // Bracelet (similar)

If you haven't seen this trend before, it's apparent that capes are no longer just for superheroes and storybook characters. Seemingly out of nowhere, this style blew up.  To be honest, I can remember my mom trying to dress me in a cape when I was younger, but I never really loved the trend until recently, when I saw how chic it really is and can be. I've been looking for the perfect cape/capelette to try lately, and I'm almost certain I've found it.

I purchased mine from The Olivia Pope Scandal Collection for The Limited, and I am head over heels mad for this plaid. I've always been obsessed with plaid; I blame it on 11 years of wearing it every day in private school. However, I love how muted and neutral this is. It's a statement coat without being overstated. This allowed me to put my favorite styling technique to work- contrast and statement pieces against a neutral color palette. I can definitely see this as becoming a staple in anyone's winter wardrobe. Plus, it's on sale right now in stores and on The Limited website. However, there are limited quantities left online, so if you're interested, I would act pretty soon.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished