Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Favorites 2015

My mind is honestly blown that July has already come and gone. With college move-in day happening in less than a month, (who all's been counting down?) you could probably say that I'm a little excited. While I have a while until I can actually talk about going back to school, I'm thrilled to be off of my writing hiatus to bring you a few of my favorites from July!


I love this bag. It's gone through the cycle of being my school bag, a pool bag, my overnight bag, and now my purse! It's roomy enough that I can even throw in my lunch bag for work and still have room for other things!
If you couldn't tell by how dirty my Keds are, I wear them all the time. From backyard picnics to city adventures, they're the perfect shoe for staying casual while still remaining polished!
My favorite purchase of the summer (thus far)! And it's on sale! Snag this pretty little number and the rest of clearance for 50% off with the code Heatwave
5. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
The perfect book to add to your summer reading list! 
6. Ray-Ban "Youngster" Sunglasses
I'm pretty sure my love of large sunglasses roots from my Jackie O. obsession, which is probably why I fell in love with these at first sight. (ha ha, get it?) They're a modern take on an old classic, with thin metal temples and a matte tortiseshell finish! I highly recommend jumping on the Ray-Ban bandwagon. You definitely won't be disappointed!
7. Mophie Portable Charger
Okay, let's be honest here. iPhone batteries probably aren't the greatest. I highly recommend splurging a little on a portable charger to keep in your purse at all times. They're especially handy for nights out on the town and summer concerts!
8. Dove Dry Spray Deodorant
I wear a lot of dark colors, especially to work. I love how this dries clear, and it makes getting ready so much easier because you don't have to wait for your deodorant to dry. I keep this in my purse or in my car at all times, (an old trick that I learned from my sister) because you never know when you'll need it. Plus, it's really lightweight, and I definitely recommend trying it. 
9. The Wet Brush
Everyone needs this brush; it's totally worth the hype. As someone with extremely thick hair, it makes my life so much easier while cutting my brushing time after a shower down probably around 5 minutes. 
10. MAC "The Matte Lip" Lipstick (in Please Me)
I'm currently obsessed with matte lipsticks, especially light pink and rose lipsticks for summer. 
11. Alex and Ani Bracelets (1, 2, 3)
Okay, fine. I jumped on the bandwagon. I was never really a huge fan of bracelets or wearing stacks of bangles until I bought my first Alex and Ani in Disney. They're understated but so cute, which makes them perfect for wearing with other statement jewelry!
12. NARS Luminous Foundation
Lightweight and medium coverage? The perfect formula for a summer foundation. I typically find myself opting for tinted moisturizers, but I've been having more breakouts than usual, I decided to go with something with a little more to it. It makes your skin look flawless, and a little goes a long way. 
13. Benefit the POREfessional Primer
If you didn't realize this already by how much I talk about it, this is my holy grail primer. Go get it. You won't regret it.
14. Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
I'll be honest, I bought this with low expectations. I picked a travel size up to keep in my makeup bag for our Disney trip, and it is life changing. Even while walking around (sweating) in 97 degree weather, my makeup stayed pretty matte and generally in place. It's a great product to keep in your purse or school bag!
15. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (in Light to Medium)
I watch so many makeup tutorials on YouTube that it might be borderline ridiculous. I needed to try this palette as my first real experience with contouring. I love it. I set my under-eye concealer with Banana (top middle), and contour with a blend of the bottom three shades. The highlights (which I also occasionally blend together) are gorgeous. I've honestly been so excited to talk about it! Let me know if you want to see a contouring tutorial (hint hint) or more about it!

What are a few of your favorites from July? Comment below and let me know! (I'm always up for trying out new products!)


4 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished