Thursday, January 8, 2015

How to Style: Bean Boots

As always, I love when friends and readers send me ideas for new blog content. One of my teammates told me that she would love to know a few different ways to style an extremely popular winter trend- the classic L.L. Bean Boots. I won't even lie to you, I'm all about this boot. They're perfect for braving even the worst Pittsburgh winter, and still look a lot cuter than some of the other boots available (don't worry riding boots, I'm not looking at you.) And some sizing information, they run pretty small. I usually wear about a 7 to a 7.5 in women's, however I ordered a 7 and they're  roomy and loose if I don't wear a heavy sock. I'm a total klutz when it comes to winter weather and dealing with ice, I swear I'm always falling everywhere. In my opinion, most of the snow boots with traction that I've experienced looked really clunky. I love how the Bean Boots are also so functional; you absolutely do not sacrifice comfort, warmth or functionality for fashion. 

I decided to style my Bean Boots in my 2 favorite ways: one, being a more feminine take on classic preppy style (inspired by Sarah Vickers of Classy Girls Wear Pearls and KielJamesPatrick fame), and the other a bit more casual and laid back while staying put together. Bean Boots are so versatile, I wore them at least twice a week during school. 

Outfit #1:





Outfit #2:




Cowl Neck Sweater // Vest (similar) 
 Leggings // Socks (similar & on sale!) // L.L. Bean Boots

If you're looking for something really similar, or Bean Boots are on backorder, (they always are! Word to the wise: BUY EARLY! I ordered mine over the summer on sale) then check out these Duck Boots by Sperry TopSider! I honestly really like them, plus they come in a variety of fun patterns and bright colors! I love these

What's your favorite winter trend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished