Friday, April 17, 2015

Liebster Award

 If you haven't seen the post circulating around the internet, it's one of the cutest tags I've seen in a while! The goal of the Liebster Award is to discover new blogs on the rise. To check out the rules, click here! I was nominated by Elle from ElleWhitney, and Hannah from HighEndHanny, who are two of the sweetest girls I've ever met. Check out their blogs, you'll love them as much as I do! 

ONE // Why did you start blogging?

For a little over a year, I've been a dedicated reader of Carly Heitlinger's blog, The College Prepster. I found myself checking in at least once a day, and realized that I was completely hooked. Since I was little, I've always considered a career in journalism, or writing. It's no secret that I love everything about fashion and beauty, and after a lifetime of private school uniforms it felt fantastic being able to express myself through what I wore. Blogging ties everything together, and I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe I can actually do this!" Well, I tried creating a blog a few times before, and it always fell through. After a while, I found Sydney from Summerwind41490's blog, and I knew I had to start one, and for real this time (and actually stick with it). And boom, Pittsburgh & Pearls was born. And it's going to be growing from here- expect a lot more from it in the near future!! (hint, hint.) 

TWO // What is your current Netflix binge? Or, favorite TV show?



Easy. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I've watched the entire season at least twice since it was released, and it's absolutely fantastic. I've even gotten a bunch of my friends (even guys!) into watching it! The Biggest Loser is the only one I've ever followed regularly on TV, but since I don't watch a lot of TV at school, I usually have to binge watch over breaks. And honestly, I'm not really a binge-watcher, but if I find one show that I get absolutely hooked on, I'm all in.  

THREE // What is your favorite item of clothing?

I'll break this down for ya: my favorite dress, hands down would be my navy scalloped shift from J.Crew. For my favorite top, as basic as this sounds, would be my white 3/4 sleeve boatneck top from Lilly Pulitzer. I'm also a huge fan of my electric blue pencil skirt and my navy blue monogram sweater (also from Lilly.)

FOUR // What is your favorite book?

Definitely a tie between The Help, which also doubles as one of my favorite movies, and then without a doubt, #GirlBoss

FIVE // Who is your musician/band?

My favorite singer right now is probably a 3-way tie between Taylor Swift, Sam Smith, and Meghan Trainor. It just depends on the mood, but I listen to so much random music. For example, my two favorite bands right now are Fifth Harmony and Fall Out Boy. 

SIX // What / who inspires your style?



So many random things. I tell this story all the time, but when I was in the 4th grade, I wrote my first report ever on Jackie Kennedy. That's around the time when I first fell in love with her personal style. Honestly, nothing has changed. However, I get most of my style inspiration from other bloggers, especially Carly Heitlinger, Sydney Carver, and Sarah Vickers from Classy Girls Wear Pearls. (Sarah reminds me of a modern day Jackie, she's so classy.) 

SEVEN // Upload your all-time favorite picture here:

I actually have so many. Here are just a few of my favorites from this year... I was talking about some of my favorite pictures with my mom in the car today, and she said that some of her favorite pictures of me are the ones where I look the happiest and most like myself. And honestly, once I was looking through some of my recent pictures, they all were from when I was genuinely 100% happy. 



Exploring NYC with one of my best friends, Alexis! 


Spring break in Orlando with the tennis team! 


On top of the world (aka the Bloomberg Building) with Annie! 


The Homecoming football game with Alex & Lisa


The first match of my sophomore year with the best team & friends I could ask for. 


EIGHT // You either can’t style your hair for the rest of your life (bed head) or you can’t do your makeup. Pick one. Eeek!

This might surprise anyone who doesn't know me very well: I'd rather not do my makeup for the rest of my life than forgo doing my hair. When your hair is as high maintenance as mine is sometimes, you really need to take control. And sometimes I love not wearing makeup, it makes me feel refreshed and a lot more like myself. Plus, coming from the girl who wore red lipstick and winged eyeliner for over a year, it gets exhausting. When something becomes so routine, it isn't as special. Embrace that natural beauty, girl! 

NINE // What is your favorite form of fitness or exercise?



Another thing that might surprise you, playing tennis. Just kidding, I feel like I talk about it all the time. I really love the sport  by itself, but I have the most amazing friends on my team which makes it that much better. But I'm also trying to learn how to love running. Which is a process. If anyone has any tips for that let me know!!! 

TEN // What does a normal day in your life look like?

Wake up, flawless. Post up, flawless. Riding round in it, flawless. Flossing on that, flawless.

No but seriously, I wake up around 8 or 9 every day. After about what feels like 4 hours of scrolling through social media, and what I missed while I was sleeping, I finally get out of bed to start getting ready for the day. I shower, do my hair and makeup (or on days when I wash my hair, it goes hair, make-up, hair, finish getting ready, and maybe blow dry again or curl it). I go to class, which is usually followed by doing work, blogging, reading blogs, hanging out with friends, or tennis. Then, dinner with the friends. What I do after that depends on the day. Probably more homework, writing an article for College Fashionista, getting inspired from watching beauty vids on YouTube. 

ELEVEN // What is your dream occupation?

Ever since I was little I wanted to take over Stacy London's position as a host and stylist on What Not to Wear. I've always been absolutely o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with that show, and still watch the reruns. But now, I would love to be a celebrity stylist, or a creative director for a big brand, like J.Crew. Or a wedding dress designer, event planner, or professional blogger/YouTuber.

Who I Nominate: 

1. Lisa -- The Daily Positve Blog
2. Cynthia -- Sensibly Sharp
3. Lauren -- A Touch of Southern Grace
4. Michaela -- The Monogrammed Midwesterner
5. Greta -- A Chic Minute

MY QUESTIONS: 

ONE // Why did you start blogging?

TWO // What does a normal day in your life look like?

THREE // Who or what inspires your style?

FOUR // MAC Cosmetics just contacted you asking if they could name one of their new lipsticks after you. What color would it be?

FIVE // Would you rather be the photographer or the model?

SIX // What is your dream occupation?

SEVEN // Upload your absolute favorite picture of all time here.

EIGHT // What inspires you to write?

NINE // You either can’t style your hair for the rest of your life (bed head) or you can’t do your makeup. Pick one. Eeek!

TEN // What is your guilty pleasure? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished