Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Top 10 Beauty Essentials

Beauty Essentials



Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 // I've read so many fantastic reviews about this tinted moisturizer. So many of my favorite YouTube personalities swear by it, so I just knew I had to have this. I absolutely hate feeling like my makeup is caked on, so I felt like this was a great product to try, and let me just say I am so hooked. A little of goes a long way, and it's amazingly moisturizing but is enough coverage to hide a bad breakout. My Shade: Cameo

Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional // I can't tell you how many tubes I've gone through of this. It is definitely in my top ten beauty products of all time. I even got my Mom hooked on it! It makes your skin insanely smooth before applying foundation and concealer, and it makes so much of a difference. It runs a bit on the pricey side, but it is extremely worth it. 

NARS Blush // I recently purchased this blush for a big event here at school, after hearing so many great reviews on it for years. It's extremely pigmented, and I love how it has a little bit of shimmer (I'm usually a matte blush kind of person). It works for so many different skin tones, and adds such a great glow. Not going to lie, I'm also a huge fan of the brand's cheeky names for their products. My Shade: Orgasm

Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer // This is my absolute favorite bronzer that I have ever tried. It's a really versatile shade, and it is amazing for almost every skin tone. The brush that accompanies the bronzer makes this perfect for contouring, or just adding a bit of color. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow & Brow Gel // Over the summer, this was one of the most recommended products that I had seen on YouTube. From recommendations, I knew that this was the eyebrow pencil to try. I feel like this is the perfect eyebrow pencil for the beginning, it's soft enough to be able to fill in without applying too much pressure (thus making you look like a cartoon with thick black eyebrows), but is pigmented enough that soft pressure is all you need. The clear brow gel is extremely long wearing, and it helps me feel so much more put together. My Shade: Dark Brown (pencil) & Clear (brow gel)

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base // After being dedicated to the Urban Decay Primer Potion for years, I decided it was time to try something new. I'm actually a bigger fan of Nars' eyeshadow primer than Urban Decay's. For me, it works so much better. I have relatively oily eyelids, so I'm prone to my eye makeup creasing. 

Naked 3 Palette //  To sound like every other girl on this planet who has tried these palettes; I am so obsessed with the Naked eyeshadow palettes. I find myself constantly switching between the 1, 2 & 3, which has caused me to go through at least two of each palette. My favorite is the 3 though, I find it works best for my complexion. Each palette allows to create a neutral eye look, but with a little bit of shimmer. The palettes are so versatile, and you can create so many different looks with each one. On a scale of 1-10 this is definitely a 15/10. 

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Liner // I'm not going to lie to you about this, I absolutely hated this eyeliner the first time that I tried it. I'm a huge fan of winged eyeliner, it's definitely my go to. But I didn't see this helping me at all when I first tried it. The product itself is a fast drying gel, which is long wearing but you have to move quickly when drawing lines so it doesn't dry on you. I love the rubber tip, which makes it so much easier to shape. I'm surprised this became my new favorite eyeliner so quickly, and I'm already on my second eyeliner. However, here's a word of advice:  practice makes perfect when it comes to this product, you just need to experiment with it to love it. 

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara // Another one of my go-to's from Benefit Cosmetics, this is a fantastic product. I read about the product forever ago, either on YouTube or another beauty blog. Why I love it can be summed up pretty easily; the product is extremely volumizing, but this brush makes sure that your lashes don't clump or become too spidery-looking with a few coats. If I don't wear eyeliner, this is also my go to, it looks natural, but almost like a better looking version of your eyelashes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished