Monday, November 3, 2014

October Favorites

October Favorites





Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick -"Mrs. Mia Wallace" // I just recently received this as a birthday present from my sister, who knows my obsession with lipstick a little too well. This is the perfect fall lip color; deep reds are so flattering for every complexion, and just help you not only look, but feel really put together. I also love pairing the matching lip liner with a reddish brown matte lipstick, which is one of my roommate's favorite lip combos as well. Not to mention, this lipstick is extremely long-wearing, and I can go through an entire day of classes without reapplying (even though I can always tell which coffee is mine because of the dark red lip stains!)

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense // Like most girls, I grew up experiencing my mom's extreme buyer loyalty to Clinique. It was my first makeup brand, and I can honestly say that I still love it. Although, I'm much more loyal to their skincare products than their regular makeup products. I use this twice a day, and it's also a fantastic moisturizer for your legs if you forget to bring lotion with you when traveling.

Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist // I first discovered how great this product is on Tumblr, where it got fantastic reviews. I've adopted it as part of my wet hair routine, right before I blow dry. It really smooths out your hair and smells incredible. I've also found that it really adds new life to dry hair; I ombre'd my hair over the summer, which can be really damaging, but this product really helps make it look so much healthier than it is!

Apple TV // Okay, well, my roommate bringing an Apple TV back from Fall Break is the best thing that could have happened to our room. It's absolutely perfect for college students since it connects to your iTunes library, your Netflix account, as well as other apps like YouTube. You can also connect your laptop via AirPlay to the screen, which makes sharing web pages and videos so much easier when you have company over. 

New Girl // Not going to lie, I love me some Zooey Deschanel. All of my friends and I relate to her character Jess on a spiritual level, and if you've ever seen the show you would totally understand. If you ever need a show to binge watch, I definitely recommend New Girl. Trust me, you'll be hooked.

Kate Spade Planner (Large) // I surprisngly love this a lot more than I thought I would. I reviewed it briefly in my "What's in My (School) Bag?" post the other week, but I can honestly say that it has really grown on me. It has the perfect amount of writing room to schedule my week and still have room to write in assignments as well as birthdays and events! If you think it might be a bit too plain for your taste, color code. It makes all the difference and helps you stay much more organized. 

Madewell Transport Tote // From the first time that I saw this bag in the store, I fell in love. It's the perfect size for everyday use, and I love the caramel color. This is my new school bag, and it fits everything I usually carried with my large Longchamp, but there seems to be so much more room. You can honestly use this bag for anything- running errands, a pool bag, and of course a travel bag/carry-on. 

Taylor Swift 1989 // I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I am absolutely obsessed with this album. I've always been a huge T-Swift fan since her "Our Song" days, but I love the completely different vibe of this. My current favorites are; "Out of the Woods", "Blank Space", "Style", and "Wildest Dreams". I definitely recommend buying this! Especially if you find an old iTunes gift card laying around and have no idea what to buy!

Prada "Candy" Perfume // This was one of my favorite birthday presents this year. I'm a huge Marc Jacobs fan when it comes to perfumes, and have been known to collect an abundance of them in the past. I always receive a new perfume from my mom for my birthday, and it was so refreshing to completely switch it up this year. This is my everyday perfume, and I am finding myself constantly spritzing it. It's really sad that I've already used up close to 3/4 of the bottle... especially since I got it on the 17th of September. I love how light and sophisticated it is, and how it contains two of my favorite notes; caramel and vanilla. If you're looking for something youthful and fun, yet flirty, check this out!

Navy L.L. Bean Boots 8" // The first time that I laid my eyes on these bad boys, I thought they were absolutely hideous. However, this was during my first experiences with Pinterest, and I hadn't yet discovered just how difficult weather in Western PA can be. I've been nothing but pleased with these boots so far. They are so comfortable, and ridiculously versatile. I think they're amazing. Disclaimer: If you decide to purchase, I definitely recommend going a size or half size down: they run pretty large. However, if you plan to wear extremely thick socks you may be able to stay true to size. They're the perfect snow or rain boots, and look adorable with both jeans and leggings. And lets be honest here, who could resist buying adorable socks to stick out the top? 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished