Monday, February 1, 2016

Winter Beauty Essentials 2016

It's no secret that I love all things beauty. I carry my Sephora VIB Rouge card proudly, and indulge in their products more frequently than I'd care to admit. I'm a huge fan of trying out new products and cult favorites alike. However, only a handful of those products end up being purchased again and again. All of the products mentioned today have worked their way into my heart (and makeup bag) and will definitely be purchased again.

Winter Beauty Essentials 2016




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask 10 Minute Fix: After hearing rave reviews of First Aid Beauty's products, I figured that this winter would be the perfect time to try some new skincare products. I'm a huge advocate for having some down time with face masks (treat yo'self!) so this one was a no brainer. I've tried various oatmeal masks before, but they haven't proven themselves to be ultra hydrating- which I need desperately. I slather this on 2-3 times a week as recommended, and the results are phenomenal. The dry dorm air is no match for the results from this product! Note: It's usually a sin to leave your face mask on for longer than recommended, as it can significantly dry out your skin. I accidentally left this on for 45 minutes and had no problem!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: If you didn't realize this in the blurb above, I'm a moisturizer buff. I've tried so many, and I usually fall back on my trusty Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion that my mom swears by. However, after a while it begins to feel like it leaves some slight residue, and I'm definitely not about that. I use the Ultra Repair Cream twice a day, and my skin feels better every time. The key is to let it soak in before you apply your makeup, which creates a fresher and healthier appearance. Of course, it pairs phenomenally with the Instant Oatmeal Mask.

It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: One of my favorite bloggers, Sydney of Summer Wind Blog recommended this product to her followers on Snapchat over the summer. I trust anyone with phenomenal hair, so I immediately went out and bought a bunch of the it's a 10 products that I had seen. I have incredibly thick and fine hair, so I go through products like my boyfriend goes through cinnamon rolls (& he eats at least 4 a sitting). I've tried a few leave-in conditioners in the past, but I've found that many left a slight residue, aka the most disgusting feeling. It smells phenomenal, and leaves my hair silky and shiny- an A+++ in my book. 

Prada Candy eau de parfum: My favorite perfume, hands down. I consider myself to be an innovator when it comes to perfumes; I love switching things up. My mom purchases me new perfumes for my birthday every year, and this was my absolute favorite coming into my sophomore year of college. With notes of caramel, musk, vanilla, and benzoin; it's feminine and sophisticated without the overwhelming grandma-esque smell.

Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional: Every girl needs a good primer. It creates a smooth base for your foundation and helps lengthen the longevity of your makeup. I've only tried a few, but I always come back to Benefit's. The formula has a slight tendency to leave residue if you apply too much product, so a little goes a long way. My mom and I both swear by this product!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: I've been after an Hourglass palette for years. My sister gifted me this palette for Christmas this past year and it might've been my favorite present for the year. It contains 2 finishing powders, a highlight, 2 blushes and a bronzer. Don't let the packaging fool you - the products aren't as overwhelmingly sparkly as they appear. Each one leaves a dewy finish that lasts all day - it's perfect to refresh your winter makeup routine!

tarte Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette: I gifted this to my mom for Mother's Day a year or so ago, and she absolutely loved it. She decided to buy me one last summer, knowing how much I love tarte's Amazonian Clay products. Matte eyeshadows are the key to my hart, especially when paired with winged eyeliner. The formula is creamy and blends really easily. The packaging is very thin and durable, without taking up a lot of space (Naked palettes- I'm looking at you!) which makes it perfect for your on the go travel bag.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita: Every single YouTuber & their mother raves about this lipstick, and usually in the shade Lolita. It was sold out of my local Sephora for a long time, and I was so lucky to get a hold of it at the end of last semester. It's a darker mauve-y nude, which makes it perfect for every day wear. I sometimes layer on other lipsticks to give it a bolder effect, although I love the product as is. It applies like a lipgloss and dries extremely matte, so make sure to exfoliate your lips to avoid them drying out or appearing flaky!

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara: I'm a huge fan of Benefit's products, and to me, purchasing this mascara was a no-brainer. I've been on a huge mascara binge lately, and to be honest, this product is probably one of the best I've tried. I always make sure to curl my eyelashes, (I couldn't live without my eyelash curler in my makeup bag) but it promises that you can skip the product and get the same effect. I also really like the formula, it goes on smoothly, even after it has dried out a little. My lashes have never looked longer!

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Concealer: I had tried their Ultra HD Foundation over the summer and instantly fell in love. Being pale, it's really hard for me to find foundation and concealers that match my skin tone. I really like the consistency of this concealer- it's full coverage, so a little goes a long way. The formula is thicker, but it proves to be best when buildable without looking cakey, which is perfect for every day use. For best results, set undereye concealer with translucent or yellow powder- it'll last all day!

What are your favorite beauty obsessions? Let me know in the comment section so I can try them out!

xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Yes! I swear by the It's a 10 Hair stuff!!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished